Win a Lenstar Lenticular Print Award
The second edition of the Lenstar Lenticular Print Award (LLPA) has kicked off and is open for entries!
The Lenstar Lenticular Print Award (LLPA) is supported by drupa 2012 is the first of its kind, and has specifically been created to reward and encourage companies and individuals in the development and use of lenticular printing. The second edition of the award is organized in the context of the Drupa Innovation Park (DIP) with the support of drupa print media fair 2012, which is held in the Messe exhibition complex in Düsseldorf, Germany, from 3 to 16 May 2012.
This new award is an incredible opportunity for the graphic arts community to recognize the growing importance of lenticular imaging as a product differentiator and a mechanism for ensuring that promotional efforts stand out from the crowd. The award is an initiative of DP Lenticular and www.lenstar.org, an organization committed to bringing the latest information on lenticular and new direct-to-lens lenticular printing technologies.
Entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Creation: relevance and impact of the message.
- Creation: originality/innovation.
- Technical – prepress: DPI quality during plotting.
- Technical – prepress: Printing synchronization (master) with the pitch.
- Technical – printing: color synchronization (registration).
- Technical – printing: Synchronization with the printing alignment against the lenticules.
- Technical – printing: Phasing.
- Technical – printing: Colorimetric profiling.
Next to the official judging, there will also be a Public Prize, like in 2011. Visitors of the drupa innovation park will be invited to vote for the work they found most worthy of being awarded the “Thomas Mark Supreme Public Preference Award”.
The contest regulations are here.