I3DS Canada Launch Conference: Jan 24-25, 2013
The first Canadian Chapter of the International 3D Society (I3DS) will hold a special two day conference called 3D[FWD] as part of its official launch activities. The conference will explore the impact of 3D technology in today’s marketplace.
3D[FWD] will be hosted by I3DS and Emily Carr’s S3D Centre, on January 24 and 25, 2013 at the Vancity Theatre in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Jim Chabin, president of I3DS will open the Januay 25, 2013 session at 09:00 AM.
Conference organizers say leaders and innovators in 3D will showcase, discuss, and debate some of the latest developments in 3D, and explore how the 3D transformation will affect business. With more than 50 major 3D movies scheduled for release in 2013, millions of 3DTV sets being sold in the global marketplace, and an abundance of stereoscopic consumer products to be launched, it is an opportune time to learn how stereoscopic 3D can be used as a powerful business tool.
- Storytelling in 3D
- Canada’s Evolving 3D Landscape
- Finance and Content Licensing
- Post Production
- 3D Conversion
- Advertising and Marketing in the 3D Space
- Adam May, Head of Production, Vision3
- Buzz Hays, Founder, True Image Co. Inc.
- Colin Jenken, Technical Art Director, Gener8
- David Brenner, CEO, Principal Media
- Grant Anderson, Executive Director, Sony Pictures Studios
- Ian Herring, Founder, Parallax Film Productions
- James Stewart, Director/Producer, Geneva Film Co.
- Josh Hollander, Director of 3D Production, Pixar
- Mark Lasoff, Visual Effects Supervisor, Gener8
- Matthew Smith, Stereographer, Vision3
- Robert Neuman, Stereographic Supervisor, Disney Animation Studios
- Toni Myers, Producer/Director, IMAX